Just six months after opening, Grand Velas Los Cabos shines in the culinary realm, offering gourmet experiences for foodie travelers and visitors of all tastes. This month the resort is opening its doors for the Grand Chef Festival – four days of exciting cuisine with celebrity chefs, from June 21st to 24th.
The festival features culinary demonstrations, dinners and premium beverages prepared by top chefs and mixologists, among them recognized by the James Beard Foundation.
Find out more about the chefs participating in the Grand Chef Festival Los Cabos:
- Juan Licerio Alcalá: Executive Chef of Grand Velas Los Cabos and host of the event. He is also the creator of the world’s most expensive taco.
- Penny Davidi: Competed in Season 7 of “Food Network Star” and the second season of “Chopped All Stars”, where she came in third. Today she is the Executive Chef and Menu Curator of PUMP LOUNGE in West Hollywood.
- Mia Mastroianni: Winning mixologist of the Speed Rack competition for all Southern California. She has also been on Spike Network’s Bar Rescue.
- Eddie Jackson: Ex-NFL player and winner of the 11th season of “Food Network Star”.
- Maneet Chauhan: Has participated in “Iron Chef” and “Next Iron Chef” and been featured on “The View” and “Designing Spaces”.
- Katsuji Tanabe: Owner of MexiKosher, the first authentic Mexican-Kosher restaurant in the United States. Participated in season 12 of “Top Chef” in Boston and “Top Chef México”.
- Elizabeth Falkner: Has participated in “Next Iron Chef”, “Iron Chef America”, “Top Chef Master” and was the first woman to win the Freestyle Neapolitan Pizza category in the World Pizza Championship in 2012.
- Adam Gertler: Host of various Food Network programs; currently hosting “FX Movie Download” on FX and “Man vs Child” on FYI.
Grand Chef Festival Los Cabos Calendar
To end these days of fine dining with a bang, the grand finale is the event that revolutionized the way we see food in the Riviera Nayarit, now for the first time in Los Cabos: the second edition of Kitchen Fiesta – a journey through the kitchens of resort’s various restaurants, with stations featuring different specialties.
For information about tickets, grand finale event stations and more, visit velasresorts.com/festival-grand-chef/.